Posted May 19, 2020 at 03:00 pm Closes Jun 2, 2020 at 03:00 pm
Position: Cleaner – Competition #2020-27
Department: Support Work Program (SWP)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Closing Date: May 28, 2020
OVERVIEW: The Support Work Program (SWP) with Shawenim Abinoojii Inc. requires a Cleaner to maintain and provide day-to-day cleaning responsibilities for the residential visit homes.
The Cleaner will be responsible for the cleanliness of residential visit homes:
• Sweep and wash floors and vacuum including couches.
• Launder bedding and towels.
• Clean kitchen and bathroom.
• Take out trash and recycling.
• Residential cleaning experience of at least two year’s experience.
• Must be capable of safely operating manual, battery and electrical driven housekeeping equipment.
• Ability to make simple mathematical calculations for dilutions of cleaning solutions.
• Ability to recognize daily work routines by observing and judging cleaning requirements.
• Ability to work with little supervision, planning the working day effectively.
• Knowledge of WHMIS, able to understand and use cleaning products and cleaning methods.
• Have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
• Must have a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and PCC as conditions of employment.
• Ability to learn and apply proper body mechanics, being able to bend, kneel, stretch over and under furnishings and the building fixtures.
• Ability to tolerate cleaning chemicals.
SCHEDULE: May be required to work flexible hours approximately 25-30 hours per week as assigned by Shawenim Abinoojii Inc.
HOW TO APPLY: Send Resume, Cover Letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to internal candidates, Southeast community members and self-declared Aboriginal candidates (First Nations, Inuit or Metis).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: