Posted Feb 15, 2020 at 12:30 am Closes Feb 29, 2020 at 12:30 am
SERDC HEALTH SERVICES
is accepting applications for a Part-Time Indefinite term position:
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) OR REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
Tribal Foot Care Program
SERDC is seeking a Part-Time LPN or RN for our Health Services team who is experienced, energetic and motivated. The successful candidate(s) will have a strong and proven ability to; coordinate and provide support for foot care services to SERDC First Nation communities. This position will primarily be used to staff our increasing demand for foot care services and the individual will be employed in a team setting.
SERDC Health is accredited by the Canadian Accreditation Council to provide exceptional 2nd level services to eight or more First Nations communities in Manitoba. We are community-focused, community-driven, and seeking enthused individuals to make a difference in First Nations health.
The successful applicant must possess:
· Current Registration with CLPNM or CRNM (in good standing).
· Basic Foot Care Certification.
· Current CPR Certification.
· Experience and understanding of delivering foot care and wound care services to a diabetic population.
· General knowledge of issues related to foot health, assessments, referral pathways and Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines;
· Understand and implement infection prevention practices while specifically adhering to care standards as it relates to foot care and diabetic foot care;
· Familiarity with an ability to apply care algorithms;
· Perform specialized nursing procedures specifically to foot care for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated;
· Observe and document client conditions and changes following proper protocols;
· Maintains confidentiality of a client and corporate information and discusses the same only with appropriate SERDC personnel;
· Adhere to SERDC polices and procedures;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs;
· Must be professional and must maintain confidentiality at all times;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format;
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
· Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License and access to a reliable personal vehicle;
· Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs of equipment;
· Knowledge of First Nation customs, values and traditions.
· Ability to communicate in an Indigenous language(s) and/or previous exposure to First Nations communities and cultures would be a definite asset
This position requires a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search and an Adult Abuse Registry Check.
• An opportunity to become part of a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, inclusive, respectful, and high-performing team.
• Available Parking.
SERDC recognizes the importance of building an exemplary service delivery organization that is equal, inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. Preference will be given to qualified SERDC or First Nation members who voluntarily self-declare in their application.
***Reasonable accommodation is available upon applicant request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for application: Open until filled
Please send a current resume with an up to date covering letter in confidence to:
Director of Human Resources
6th Floor – 360 Broadway Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0T6
Phone: (204) 956-7500 Fax: (204) 956-7382
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: