Posted Jan 13, 2020 at 08:00 pm Closes Jan 27, 2020 at 07:00 pm
Child & Family Services Worker
Area 1 – Ashern sub-office
Anishinaabe Child & Family Services is seeking one (1) full-time Child & Family Services Worker to work out of the Ashern (Area 1) sub-office.
Under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor, the Child and Family Services Worker manages a case load of children in care and/or Family Service files including protection and voluntary service cases under Anishinaabe Child & Family Services. The worker is responsible for case planning, monitoring, referrals and ongoing assessment and evaluation. Offers assistance to children and families through basic counselling, advocacy and support as required. The CFS Worker empowers families to adequately provide for the physical and emotional well-being of their family members.
· Management of case load as assigned by Supervisor.
· On-going assessment and evaluation of families serviced.
· Empowers children and families to develop to their fullest potential.
· Court preparation.
· Function as an effective team member.
· Advocate for families and children.
· Referrals to other resources as needed.
· Proficient with CFSIS (Child & Family Services Information System) and IM (Intake Module)
· Bachelor of Social Work Degree and/or a minimum of 3 years work experience related to Child Welfare.
· Excellent Assessment skills, children’s behavior management skills and knowledge of separation and attachment issues.
· Excellent communication, organizational, computer and evaluation skills.
· Good working knowledge of Provincial Legislation and Standards.
· Must have a working knowledge of the Child & Family Services Act and Regulations.
· Must be available to work after hours on-call on a rotating basis.
· Ability to take direction and willing to train.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Knowledge and understanding of First Nations traditional values and beliefs pertaining to families and children.
· Ability to speak an Aboriginal language will be considered an asset.
· Knowledge of resources and collateral services available in Area 1.
· Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
· Must provide a copy of Child Abuse Registry and Police Records Check.
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: January 27, 2020
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH THREE (3) REFERENCE LETTERS TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Anishinaabe Child & Family Services
56-1313 Border Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0X4
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
“Our Families; Our Foundation For Strength & Unity”
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: