Compensation Services Officer
P8 Professional Officer 8
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Compensation Services, Labour Relations
Advertisement Number: 35778
Salary(s): P8 $73,307.00 - $89,686.00 per year
Closing Date: December 10, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This is unique time to join the Manitoba government’s team – we are replacing the mix of legacy classification systems that go back to the 1950s with a new point-rated job evaluation tool and custom-built classification structure. As part of our team in Compensation Services, you will help implement the new system and engage with stakeholders to explore other opportunities for improvement.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Undergraduate degree with concentration in Human Resources or related discipline; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge and several years of experience in the areas of job analysis, job evaluation, and compensation.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to develop productive relationships with various stakeholders and clients and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Experience performing research and qualitative and quantitative analysis, with the ability to translate data into meaningful recommendations and reports.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience preparing and presenting materials to various stakeholders.
- Effective organization, planning and time management skills
- Experience preparing, presenting and defending decisions to various stakeholders and/or at quasi-judicial proceedings desired.
The Compensation Service Officer works as part of a team to support the integrity of the overall classification and compensation programs in the Manitoba government. You will perform job evaluation, and prepare and present the defense of job evaluation decisions before a quasi-judicial board. You will conduct research and detailed data analysis relating to classification and compensation issues, and provide recommendations in support of policy and expenditure decisions to negotiators in collective bargaining. The human resource community and government departments will look to you for expert advice on compensation-related matters.
Advertisement # 35778
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.