Posted Nov 7, 2019 at 09:45 pm Closes Nov 21, 2019 at 09:45 pm
Early Learning Facilitator
Term Position: Ending March 31, 2020
The Early Learning Facilitator works under the supervisory function of the Director of Programs.
The Early Learning Facilitator (ELF) provides support to schools in the area of early learning to ensure that the vision, mission, goals and objectives of the MFNERC are aligned with services and programs developed by First Nations. The ELF works collectively with other MFNERC program staff to support, plan, organize, and manage the delivery of educational support services to First Nations schools.
· Provides support to schools in the area of early learning based upon school planning processes and priorities;
· In partnership with Healthy Child Manitoba Office (HCMO) supports the training, implementation and reporting for the Early Development Instrument;
· Provides implementation support to schools on the Early Childhood Education Framework/Toolkit; assisting schools to establish ECE committees;
· Provides support to nursery and kindergarten teachers on play-based learning, authentic assessment and developmentally appropriate practices;
· Provides support to nursery and kindergarten teachers in utilizing the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale;
· Keeps current with early learning pedagogy and shares information with First Nations schools;
· Provides support to nursery and kindergarten teachers in the area of language and culture;
· Supports early learning teachers to maintain inventory of resources, equipment and supplies for early learning programs;
· Ensures that MFNERC priorities, proposals and work plans related to early learning are implemented effectively and efficiently;
· Assists in the planning, organization and presentations for MFNERC conferences and the early learning conference;
· Provides status reports as required by MFNERC;
· Sets priorities and organizes workload effectively and efficiently;
· Contributes to planning during program meetings and interdisciplinary team meetings.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor of Education with a minimum of five years related work experience in early years; and/or Early Childhood Education III or minimum ECE II with experience in related Early Learning Programs;
· Demonstrate experience in decision-making, problem solving, establishment of priorities, dealing with various governance bodies, organizations and communities;
· Must have a strong understanding of First Nations communities and governance structures;
· Awareness of Manitoba First Nations education development and reforms, bodies of knowledge and socio-economic conditions of First Nations communities;
· Experience working with First Nations in the field of education would be preferred;
· Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to work in a First Nations environment;
· Fluency in a First Nations language is considered an asset;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in technical and plain language writing;
· Awareness of the Manitoba Early Childhood frameworks;
· Computer literate and proficient.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (please state position title applying for), along with (3) professional reference listings (including a most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2019 to:
Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre Inc.
2-1100 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 3X9
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 204.942.2490
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their resume or cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: