Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 09:00 pm Closes Sep 25, 2019 at 09:00 pm
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL COMPETITION
September 12, 2019
Position: Aboriginal Vision for the North End (AVNE) Coordinator
Classification: Term to March 31, 2021 (possible extension dependent on funding)
Location: Partnership with North End Community Renewal Corporation (NECRC)
Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Aboriginal Vision for the North End AVNE Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the Aboriginal Vision for the North End Program. The Aboriginal Vision for the North End (AVNE) Coordinator assumes all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Centre's philosophy, direction and policy standards combined with the goals, objectives and priorities of the AVNE Program.
The AVNE Coordinator is the staff representative from the Aboriginal Vision for the North End Program that is made up of Steering Committee members who are representatives from several north-end non-profit organizations. The project’s goal is to provide a safe place for Indigenous residents to connect with leadership development opportunities and strengthen the Indigenous voice within the community, based on renewal efforts in the North End.
The AVNE Coordinator will oversee the work of AVNE including but not limited to managing/disseminating north end grassroots community information; facilitating collaboration and collective action among steering committee members; reporting back to the steering committee, proposal writing, supervising one staff, planning large scale quarterly events in the north end and work with the Steering Committee to address system gaps that prevent engagement.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
· Strong understanding and demonstrated experience working with the Indigenous community, particularly in the North End of Winnipeg;
· Demonstrated experience working in community development;
· Strong understanding of community-based models of practice;
· Strong motivational and leadership ability;
· Strong articulate proposal and report writing skills;
· Responsible for reporting data collected to funders;
· Strong analytical ability, organizational and consultative skills;
· Effective Interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, including effective use of computer software such as Microsoft Office and all social media platforms;
· Community service orientated to effectively meet needs in an efficient manner;
· A team player that encourages an environment that fosters effective results;
· Respectful in order to engage people and build helping relationships;
· Flexible in order to respond effectively and positively within diverse relationships;
· Ability to set and meet deadlines, maintaining a high level of independence and self-initiative;
· Previous supervisory experience with ability to provide supervision and support to a small staff team;
· Valid Class 5 Manitoba Drivers License an asset;
· Must submit mandatory child abuse registry / prior contact check and criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
Closing Date: All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than September 19, 2019.
Attention: Jacqueline Trout, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way, Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax #204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: