Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 07:00 pm Closes Sep 24, 2019 at 07:00 pm
EXTERNAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY / COMPETITION
Position: Youth Mentor’s
Classification: Casual Positions (Shift work)
Location: Residential sites
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is seeking individuals for Casual positions as Youth Mentors.
CIRCLE OF CARE: The successful candidate will be responsible to facilitate and support at-risk females 14-17 years of age in care with Winnipeg Child and Family Services. The site is a 10-bed facility that will operate 24 hours a day, 7days a week and offer a wide range of assessment and support services. It is anticipated that all beds would run at a high rate of occupancy with a 30-45-day maximum residency.
HONORING THE SPIRIT OF OUR LITTLE SISTER’S: The successful candidates will be responsible to facilitate and support at risk females 12-16 years of age. The site is a six-bed facility that will operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offer a range of assessment and support services.
LUKE’S PLACE: Luke’s Place strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for young male’s ages 11-14 years old. The site is a six- bed facility that operates 24 hours 7days a week and offers a range of assessment and support services. The Young Warriors Lodge is a safe and nurturing environment where the young men will have the opportunity to experience a strong sense of caring, support and encouragement while building the capacity to achieve their goals and dreams.
ISOBEL’S PLACE: The Adolescent Parent Residential Learning Centre (Isobel’s Place) strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for pregnant and adolescent parents to acquire skills necessary to make informed decisions and healthy choices for themselves and their children. Programming is designed to build on the capacities of children, parent, family and community through providing interactive learning experiences. Isobel’s Place is a residential care facility that operates 24 hours, seven days per week.
HANDS OF MOTHER EARTH: The Hands of Mother Earth (H.O.M.E) residential facility is rurally located outside of Winnipeg and strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment to high risk female youth ages 13-17 years old. The site is a six- bed facility that operates 24 hours 7days a week and offers a range of assessment and support services. H.O.M.E is a safe house that provides care, safety and supervision through structured programs and intense holistic support services and healing opportunities for residents and their families
· Child & Youth Care Diploma or acceptable equivalent and related experience;
· Residential Care experience would be an asset;
· Supporting Caseload and Healing Plans and implementing with the residents;
· Provide support/supervision to the residents;
· Program development and facilitation skills;
· Needs to have the ability to work cooperatively with others and contribute as a team member;
· Ability to work under stressful situations;
· Knowledge of the Child Welfare Legislation and Standards;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues;
· Current First Aid/CPR Certification, Child Abuse Registry, Prior Contact and Criminal Record checks required;
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Forward your cover letter stating which program that you’re applying for, along with your resume to:
Jacqueline Trout, Human Resources
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, MB R4H 0B7
Fax: 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: