Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 07:00 pm Closes Sep 24, 2019 at 07:00 pm
Position: Women’s Facilitator (Spirit of Peace Program)
Classification: Part-Time (20 hours/week) 6 month Term, with possibility of extension
Location: 445 King Street
Starting Salary: To be negotiated
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position as the Women’s Spirit of Peace Facilitator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the direct delivery of program services; work as part of a team to provide a high standard of services with integrity and the belief in people’s ability to make positive change.
The applicant should have the openness to understanding the Centre’s Strategic Plan and how this would enhance the services provided to our Community.
· An understanding of Intimate and Non-intimate partner violence and the dynamics within the context of the Indigenous Community;
· Experience working with women and facilitating groups;
· Understanding and awareness of Indigenous ways of knowing;
· Understanding of oppression and marginalization within systemic settings;
· Post-secondary education/training and or direct service experience related to family violence; (we encourage students registered in post-secondary education related to this field to apply).
· Ability to complete monthly and quarterly reports;
· Experience with data entry and computer systems;
· Experience working independently and within a team environment;
· Willingness to actively participate in the growth and enhancement of program delivery;
· Knowledgeable of Community Resources and advocacy skills;
· Ability to effectively engage people and build positive working relationships;
· Communication skills- both written and verbal are an asset;
· Come with a strong work ethic, prepared to work a 20-hour work week that may include evenings and some weekends;
· Openness to ongoing professional development;
· Prepared to obtain Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Check’s.
All letters of interest and Resumes must be received no later than 4:00p.m., September 17, 2019
Attention: Jacqueline Trout, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi WI Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: