DISTRICT SERVICE WORKER
NOTE: Please apply at www.hydro.mb.ca/careers and create a candidate profile. Applications submitted through AMIK are not monitored by hiring managers. Thank you.
Manitoba Hydro has been consistently recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top Employers!
Why? Great Benefits
- Three weeks of accrued paid vacation after the first year, working toward a maximum of seven weeks paid vacation
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Pension and working conditions that provide for a balanced approach to work, family life and community
- Nine day work cycle which normally provides every other Monday off
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking a District Service Worker for permanent positions in The Pas, Manitoba. You will be required to perform a variety of duties associated with Customer Accounts and Collections.
- Will be required to perform electrical inspections on residential class installations in accordance with the Manitoba Electrical Code.
- Provide underground locations on electrical and gas facilities and issue clearances in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Perform safety watches for excavations near underground distribution.
- Change defective and retest energy meters and maintain related records on a personal computer.
- Perform collection activities associated to delinquent accounts.
- Resolve customer complaints related to low voltage equipment and address high bill inquiries.
- Perform accurate readings of gas and electric meters including 3 phase demand meters.
- Perform surveys.
- Assist with construction and maintenance of distribution facilities.
- Grade 12 education and 2 years of directly related experience
- Electrical Inspection certification and achieve a satisfactory level of competence
- Line Locating certification and achieve a satisfactory level of competence
- Safety Watch certification and achieve a satisfactory level of competence
- Must have working knowledge of Banner/DMPS/MWM, EGIS, Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook and other computer applications that are required in the operation of the Customer Service Centre
- Competent with reading and interpreting plant construction drawings and Manitoba Hydro standards manuals
- Effectively communicates information to others, written and oral
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision, demonstrate initiative, good sense of judgment, and willingness to assume responsibility
- Have a mechanical aptitude to perform all duties of the position
- Physically capable to perform all duties of the position
- Familiar with Corporate policies, practices and standards, Safety & Occupational Health Rules, traffic control, WHMIS and handling and storage of dangerous goods
- Possess a Manitoba Hydro approved set of personal hand tools
- May be required to obtain vehicle operator certification for various classes of equipment
- Possess a valid Province of Manitoba Driver's Licence with appropriate classification
- May be required to work in other Customer Service Centres
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is September 17, 2019. We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Available in accessible formats upon request.