Posted Aug 13, 2019 at 08:00 pm Closes Aug 27, 2019 at 08:00 pm
Swampy Cree Tribal Council requires
MANAGER TECHNICAL UNIT
Swampy Cree Tribal Council has an opening for a Manager of Technical Unit.
The Manager of the Technical Unit under the direction of the Executive Director is responsible for the Management of all Technical Unit activities including the O&M Technician, Fire Safety Officer and Housing Inspector/Advisor positions. The Tech Unit Manager must have an understanding of the SCTC First Nations infrastructure, sewer and water systems, CMHC programs and services, ISC program services and reports. The incumbent will have strong communication, leadership, negotiation, planning and organizing skills. Have creative and innovative thinking, good decision making and judgement, coaching and mentoring, good time management skills and be able to work as a team member.
1) Plans, Organizes, Assists Swampy Cree Tribal Council (SCTC) activities regarding member First Nations’ capital projects, housing, land use, and development
2) Develops and directs capital planning procedures and expenditures for member First Nations.
3) Advises and guides member First Nations’ administration on the planning development, and implementing of short and long term community projects.
4) Plans, develops and administers policies and procedures oriented towards the evolution of maximum involvement of member First Nations’ administration in development of community economic development, land use, and capital planning
● 2 Years Civil Engineering experience
● Strong Project Management skills/experience
● Superior leadership abilities & time management skills
● Strong Communication skills
Knowledge/experience of the various Trades
● Knowledge of CMHC Programs
● Knowledge of DISC Programs (Department of Indigenous Services Canada)
● Desire to live and work in The Pas/OCN area, Manitoba
● Valid driver’s license and willing to travel to the first nations within SCTC First Nation Communities
● Ability to speak Cree would be considered an asset
● Computer skills in the various Microsoft office programs
Condition of Employment
· Must pass a criminal records and child abuse check
· Must be able to work overtime as required
· Must be able to travel
· Employee must sign a confidential and non-disclosure agreement upon employment
Deadline for applicants: Friday, August 30, 2019
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter, including two (2) reference letters and a copy of a valid Manitoba Driver’s License to:
SWAMPY CREE TRIBAL COUNCIL
Attn: Karen Richards, Executive Assistant
Box 150, The Pas, Manitoba R9A 1K3
Telephone: 1-204-623-3423 Fax: 1-204-623-2882
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: