Posted Aug 13, 2019 at 08:00 pm Closes Aug 27, 2019 at 08:00 pm
Swampy Cree Tribal Council requires
Swampy Cree Tribal Council has an opening for Education Counsellor.
Under the general direction of the Education Director:
1. Provides counselling and referral services to secondary and post-secondary students of Swampy Cree Tribal Council (SCTC) members and First Nations.
2. Advises and consults with SCTC Directors of Education, First Nations’ Education Administrators, and teaching and counselling staff from educational institutions.
3. Provide direct student services.
4. Other duties as assigned by SCTC Management or Education Director
· A related Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree
· 5 years experience in the Education field
· Travel to member communities required (Valid Driver’s Licence Required)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knowledgeable of Secondary and Post Secondary Educational Systems
· Ability to speak Cree
· Understanding of Aboriginal Culture
· Computer skills/Programs (Microsoft office, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
· Able to work independently and in a team environment
Condition of Employment
· Must pass a criminal records and child abuse check
· Must be able to and willing to travel
· Work overtime as required
· Employee must sign a confidential and non-disclosure agreement upon employment
Deadline for Applications: Friday, August 23, 2019
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter, including two (2) reference letters and a copy of a valid Manitoba Driver’s License to:
SWAMPY CREE TRIBAL COUNCIL
Attn: Karen Richards, Executive Assistant
Box 150, The Pas, Manitoba R9A 1K3
Telephone: 1-204-623-3423 Fax: 1-204-623-2882
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: