Posted Aug 12, 2019 at 01:00 pm Closes Aug 26, 2019 at 01:00 pm
First Nations of Northern Manitoba Child and Family Services Authority
TRANSITIONAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The First Nations of Northern Manitoba Child and Family Services Authority (Northern Authority) is responsible for administering and providing for the delivery of child and family services (CFS) to twenty-seven First Nation communities through seven mandated First Nations CFS agencies.
Under the supervision and direction of the Associate Chief Executive Officer, the Transition Management Specialist provides consultation and expert advice to agency staff on a comprehensive range of transition management issues specific to Single Envelope Funding. This position will work with agencies and First Nations communities to develop Authority specific culturally based processes related to services to families, children and communities; works with agency staff to ensure the provision of quality services consistent with standards and policies; participates in activities related to building community relations on behalf of the Authority; carries out organizational and administrative responsibilities as required; other duties as assigned.
· MSW or BSW with at least five years of front line child welfare experience, and 2 years supervisory level experience, in First Nations child and family services. A related post-secondary degree with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Knowledge and understanding of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations.
· Knowledge of legislation, policies and standards in a post AJI-CWI environment, and demonstrated experience in policy and program development.
· Knowledge of, and ability to apply, First Nations approaches to the development of policies, programs, and services for children, families and communities.
· Must be a collaborative, flexible team player who is challenged by working in a fast-paced environment and capacity to work independently.
· Excellent organizational, computer, problem solving, oral and written communication skills.
· Extensive research skills are an asset
· Ability to speak Cree, Dene and/or Oji-Cree is a definite asset.
Conditions of Employment:
· Provide a satisfactory criminal records check, child abuse registry check and prior contact check prior to commencing employment.
· Valid Manitoba Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
· Travel to northern Manitoba communities and around the Winnipeg area may be required.
· Please ensure your cover letter and resume clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications and include two (2) professional references.
Deadline for Applications: August 26, 2019
First Nations of Northern Manitoba
Child and Family Services Authority
1616 King Edward Street
Winnipeg Manitoba R3H 0R5
Phone: (204) 942-1842
Fax: (204) 942-1858
"We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted."
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resume if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: