Chief Power Engineer - 3rd Class
C3E Chief Power Engineer - 3rd Class
Operations, Accommodation Services Division
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 35345
Salary(s): C3E $58,748.00 - $65,551.00 per year
Closing Date: August 12, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Are you self motivated, energetic, have mechanical aptitude and looking for a rewarding career with excellent benefits, pension, and a chance to grow in Power Engineering? Manitoba Finance, Accommodation Services Division, is currently hiring at the AgassizYouth Centre (AYC) located in Portage la Prairie, MB. Portage la Prairie is located in south western Manitoba and offers a close community environment, affordable housing, great schools and world class sports facilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 3rd Class Power Engineer Certification recognized by the Office of the Fire Commissioner
- Valid Manitoba 5th Class Driver`s Licence with the occasional travel within the Province
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position including kneeling, working with heights, crouching into tight spaces, medium or heavy lifting, climbing of stairs or ladders, walking, sitting at computer stations and adhering to the Work Alone Policy.
- Must have satisfactory criminal record, security check and child abuse registry check.
- This position will require the incumbent to work in a penal environment with on call duties.
- Experience in operating a High/Low Pressure Steam Plant and maintenance including but not limited to Fire Eye Boiler Management Systems, Simplex Fire Alarm Equipment, Notifier Fire Alarm Equipment, Chilled Water System, and Water Treatment Equipment.
- Experience in Workplace Safety and Health Regulations, Work Alone Policy, and WHMIS guidelines.
- Experience with pneumatic controls e.g. HVAC applications, or Delta DDC system.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with MS office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and various software programs.
- Extensive mechanical background and the ability to accomplish mechanical tasks such as planning and implementing preventative maintenance programs
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system is an asset (SAP).
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, this position is legally responsible for the maintenance and operation of the 3rd Class High/Low Pressure Steam Plant at Portage Courthouse/Correctional Centre as well as a Low Pressure Steam Plant at Agassiz Youth Centre and all related ancillaries, and tasks at the Food Development Centre. The incumbent is responsible for planning and supervising work schedules, maintaining life safety systems, equipment repairs and preventative maintenance by engineers, maintenance assistants, trades helper, trades pool staff and/or contractors working on associated plant equipment at these locations.
Advertisement # 35345
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.