Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 04:00 pm Closes Jul 25, 2019 at 04:00 pm
Specialized Family Support Worker (2 Positions)
Full Time - Term
Support Work Program
Open Until Positions Filled
The Support Work Program is looking to fill 3 new positions as Specialized Family Support Worker(s). This role specializes in providing family enhancement and prevention support to families and their children. Responsibilities include the implementation of case plans and provide intervention strategies that will assist in preventing children from coming into the care of Child and Family Services. The successful applicant(s) will connect families to community-based resources and supports, support families to ensure a structured and nurturing home environment, support the development of positive parenting and will work collaboratively with families and agencies to set goals and coordinate service delivery to meet identified needs.
• Provide assigned families with specialized prevention support; this includes ensuring physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs are met;
• Support and mentor the family in providing a nurturing and structured family environment with positive attachment caregiving;
• Be a healthy role model and source of guidance for the development of child and family daily life and social skills;
• Research and access additional family resources in the community that would benefit families and their children;
• Support the operation of the home through providing light housekeeping, shopping, or other relevant tasks including the implementation of family case plans.
• Maintain clear and concise records and provide reporting as necessary;
• Previous experience as a Support Worker or experience working with families from a strength-based, solution perspective;
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of substance abuse, family violence, child abuse/neglect and understanding of family dynamics and child development;
• NVCI, CPR First Aid and ASIST training or willingness to complete training as a condition of employment
• Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to exercise sound judgement and good decision making;
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with community resources, collateral agencies, and schools to set goals and coordinate service delivery to meet identified needs;
• Maintains a high level of discretion and confidentiality
• Driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Must provide clear criminal records check, adult and child abuse checks, clear drivers abstract
• Has knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture and ways of life.
• Hours will be determined based on the needs of the family and children. May include weekends.
How to Apply: send resume and cover letter to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to:
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: