Posted Jul 9, 2019 at 09:00 pm Closes Jul 23, 2019 at 09:00 pm
POSITION: Child and Family Services Worker – Permanent
LOCATION: Winnipeg Sub-Office
The primary responsibility is to provide services to the families and children of the four Island Lake First Nations communities; as per Child and Family Services (CFS) Act, the Standards and Objectives set by Island Lake First Nations Family Services.
- Case management of Children in Care and families by complying with CFS Act and program standards.
- Proven work experience with delivering social services including case management, assessment skills, child protection, child placement, special needs planning, court work and knowledge of family dynamics.
- B.S.W, with a minimum of two years direct experience in the field of Child and Family Services;
- Solid understanding of the CFS Act and Child and Family Services Authority Act, AJI-CWI, and Provincial Case Management Standards;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Possess a valid MB driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of Child and Family Services Information System;
- Ability to speak Oji-Cree would be an asset.
SALARY: Commensurate with education, skills and experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 23, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Interested applicants are encouraged to forward their cover letter, resume, along with three professional references. One reference must be from a direct supervisor with your most recent employer.
Island Lake First Nations Family Services
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 204-943-4604
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE SCREENED AND SUBJECTED TO PRIOR CONTACT, CRIMINAL CHILD ABUSE REGISTRY CHECKS. WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: