Posted Jul 8, 2019 at 09:00 pm Closes Aug 5, 2019 at 09:00 pm
Posting Title: Manager of Business Development
Job Category: Management, Sales & Marketing
City: Winnipeg Manitoba. Location Negotiable for Right Candidate
The Arctic Gateway Group LP (“AGG”) owns and operates the Port of Churchill, Canada’s only Arctic seaport serviced by rail, on the Hudson Bay Railway, running from The Pas to Churchill, Manitoba, Canada’s Arctic Gateway. Strategically located on the west coast of Hudson Bay, the Arctic Gateway is the front door to Western Canada, linking Canadian trade in resources to the global marketplace. The Arctic Gateway’s logistical advantage, rail assets and unique location provide direct and efficient routes to markets for Canada’s abundant natural resources and manufactured products, while connecting Canadian consumers and importers to the world marketplace via the North. AGG is a partnership between First Nations, Northern communities, Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. With headquarters in The Pas, Manitoba and Winnipeg, AGG operates the Hudson Bay Railway made up of 627 miles of former Canadian National (“CN”) trackage, with a network that connects with CN in The Pas, running north through Manitoba to Hudson Bay at the Port of Churchill. The Hudson Bay Railway is a vital transportation link in northern Manitoba, hauling perishables, automobiles, frac sand, construction material, heavy and dimensional equipment, scrap, hazardous materials, paper, concentrates, containers, fertilizer, wheat and other grain products. The Port of Churchill is North Americas only rail served Arctic Port.
AGG is seeking highly effective Manager of Business Development to build traction and grow and diversify revenues and client relationships in the way freight, intermodal, general merchandise, grain, mining and manufactured goods sectors. We are looking for outstanding candidates who are committed to excellence to join our growing team with travel to develop market opportunities within Northern Manitoba, Canada and the U.S.A.
Bring an analytical and complete solutions approach to developing new revenue streams focusing on client service, logistical excellence and reliability.
Key Job Elements
· Transportation industry and sales experience a must;
· Expertise in sales processes and sales operations, including goal setting and sales forecasting;
· Build and maintain business with strategic customer accounts; develop sales strategies that optimize resources and time available;
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills – must demonstrate proven ability to communicate effectively and build trust with senior executives, engineering staff and purchasing personnel;
· Energetic, hard-working, self-starter; Entrepreneurial mindset;
· Assist in negotiation of Transportation Service Agreements and commercial issues involved in logistics process;
· Work closely with operations group and CN rail and other co-service providers to develop best quotation strategies;
· Assist in negotiation of commercial issues involved in contracting process;
· Collaborate with operations and senior management personnel to close business and manage revenue budgeting and actual results against budget.
· Travel will be required
Education / Training
· Bachelor’s degree – commerce related field or relevant technical field.
Qualifications and Experience
· 7+ years’ experience selling transportation services typically gained in rail, trucking or intermodal sales;
· Proven track record of sales growth, account management and new business revenue strategies;
Compensation will be a negotiated package of base salary and bonus related compensation. A competitive benefits program is also included.
Equal Opportunity Employer – we encourage the application of Indigenous Candidates.
To apply please send covering letter and CV and state clearly your compensation package expectations:
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: