Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 04:00 pm Closes Jun 26, 2019 at 04:00 pm
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Employment Opportunities – Full Time (40 hours per week)
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. Is a nonprofit, community based; Indigenous lead human services organization that provides a range of Indigenous identified programs and services that focus on the wholeness, wellness and that builds on the strengths and resilience of Indigenous People.
About The Role
As part of the management team, the Finance Controller will have a challenging and exciting opportunity to oversee all financial matters of this growing organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will work closely with the management team, staff and Council to assure the long-term financial stability of Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. The Finance Controller will play a key role in the financial management of the organization that includes a combination of hands-on daily duties with analytical tasks and department leadership. This role leads a finance team of one Finance Clerk and a Program Accountant.
The Finance Controller will primarily be responsible for the financial oversight of the organizational operations, of multiple programs and multiple funding agreements. This position will develop and control the annual budget and long-term financial plans. This role will also administer the organization’s funds according to the approved budget, prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual financial expenditures, maintenance of comprehensive controls designed to mitigate risk, assist in ensuring accurate and timely reported monthly, quarterly and annual financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations.
What You Bring
· 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience;
· 2+ year of experience supervising, developing, and managing a Finance Operations accounting team;
· Accounting designation: CPA, CA, CMA, CGA;
· Previous experience in the Not-for-Profit sector preferred;
· Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, yearly audits, and asset management;
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret detailed reports, financial documents, funding agreements and prepare and/or review draft communications;
· Knowledge of the provincial legislation on Employment Standards;
· Advanced Proficiency in the use of accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics GP) is an asset;
· Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization;
· Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
· High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
· Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
· Ability to respond appropriately to pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor;
· A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
· Excellent teamwork and team building skills;
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
· Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
· Attention to detail with the ability to follow through and deliver results in a timely manner;
· Deeply attuned to, and aware of, the executive strategic goals and objectives and supports their achievement through sound judgement and decision making;
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks under tight deadlines;
· Excellent Microsoft application skills.
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Self-Check, valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and a clear driver’s abstract.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental • Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Employer Contributed RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Training and Development opportunities • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
A review of applications will begin immediately with a closing date of June 20, 2019, at 4:30 pm.
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and three work-related references to:
Human Resources Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: