District Finance and Administration Officer (AMENDED Closing Date)
FI2 Financial Officer 2
Operations, Accommodation Services Division, Central Services
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 35093
Salary(s): FI2 $52,181.00 - $62,564.00 per year plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: July 15, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Manitoba government is seeking a highly motivated individual to work with Accommodation Services Division in The Pas. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Manitoba Finance provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Related formal post-secondary education (accounting diploma or an accredited designation) or a suitable combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience with financial management, reporting, tracking and monitoring budgets, and preparing cash flows.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and make sound recommendations.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to independently establish work priorities to meet strict and changing deadlines.
- Written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with SAP, or any other computerized financial management software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
The District Finance and Administration Officer is accountable for the delivery of Operations and Maintenance to the ASD owned facility portfolio. This includes administration of a District with staffing and employer responsibilities, as well as budgeting, contracting, and cost recovery of a significant budget. The requirement for tracking resource allocations, personnel and financial, across maintenance and project activities, across the District, with various funding models and cost recovery mechanisms, the position requires specific SAP role assignments and training.
The District Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative requirements of the District, as a significant and integral portion of the Operations Branch and Accommodation Services Division. This includes co-ordination of staffing and related HR activities, management of education and training budget, and tracking District expenditures. Working in close liaison with the District Property Manager, District Technical management and financial staff, the incumbent plays a significant role in the annual estimates submissions, as well as performance measurement process throughout the implementation period. This is a senior administrative position that requires leadership and the flexibility to work within a constantly changing environment.
Advertisement # 35093
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.