Senior Capital Markets Analyst
FI5 Financial Officer 5
Capital Markets, Treasury Division
Advertisement Number: 35050
Salary(s): FI5 $67,671.00 - $86,584.00 per year
Closing Date: May 27, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This position is classified as a Financial Officer 5 (FI5) at the full working level. Successful candidates who do not meet all essential criteria at the full working level may be considered up to and including the Financial Officer 4 (FI4) classification (salary range: $62,045.00 - $78,527.00 per year).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC®) within 6 months of commencement of employment
- A Chartered Financial Analyst Designation (CFA) or a Chartered Professional Accounting Designation (CPA). Suitable combinations of accounting/financial education, training and experience may be considered
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience interpreting and preparing financial information in order to provide advice and support to management in decision making
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Government procedures, legislation, accounting policies and financial management procedures pertaining to the borrowing programs of crown corporations and government agencies
- Strong written communication skills with experience preparing financial reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex financial information to management and staff
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Excel spreadsheets including manipulating data and performing complex analysis of various financing proposals and cash flow requirements
- Experience with Treasury Management Systems and Bloomberg software to monitor and report on various debt and derivative issues
- Knowledge of domestic and international capital and money markets
- Experience with SAP (Systems, Application and Products)
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Funding Strategy, the Senior Capital Markets Analyst is responsible for administration and maintenance of the debt records of the Province of Manitoba including the debt records for self-sustaining crowns and government entities and the preparation of reports and statements for official financial publications of the government pertaining to these activities. The incumbent also assists in the analysis of investment and debt management proposals received by the Treasury Division such as interest rate and currency swaps and other derivative transactions. In addition, this position provides secondary support to the branch's transactional activities as needed. In carrying out these functions, the Senior Capital Markets Analyst is responsible for documentation of domestic debentures issued and derivative transactions executed, monitoring various borrowing authorities, analysing and setting crown corporations borrowing rates, managing market data and analytics and developing tools to better analyse and aggregate risk and performance in the fixed income portfolios.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 35050
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.