Posted May 14, 2019 at 04:45 pm Closes May 28, 2019 at 04:45 pm
Southeast Resource Development Council Corporation
Jordan's Principle - Child First Initiative
SERDC Health is accredited by the Canadian Accreditation Council to provide exceptional 2nd level services to eight or more First Nations communities in Manitoba. We are community-driven and are seeking a motivated individual who, is willing to learn and make an impact on First Nations Health.
Jordan’s Principle – Child First Initiative is intended to ensure First Nations children do not experience denials, delays or disruptions of public services ordinarily available to other children due to jurisdictional disputes.
As a member of the Health Services Team, the Jordan’s Principle – Administrative Assistant reports to the Jordan’s Principle Tribal Service Coordinator. The Jordan’s Principle Administrative Assistant’s primary duties are to provide Administrative duties for the Jordan’s Principle Team at SERDC. The Jordan’s Principle Administrative Assistant will prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other material(s). Operate office equipment, answer telephones and perform administrative duties ranging from general office tasks to acting as a special assistant for the Jordan’s Principle – Child First Initiative team.
• Act as a point of contact between SERDC Health Services team and internal/external stakeholders, SERDC Leadership, federal/provincial levels of government, families and other organizations.
• Has initiative, confidence and good judgement to be able to work independently with minimal direction and respond effectively to issues that arise.
• Prepare, organize, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, reports, statements, forms and other documents presented.
• Arrange and keep records for travel reservations (i.e. air, car rental, hotel, etc.) for the Jordan’s Principle Team/Families and Community Staff according to travel authorizations and policies.
• Organize events, arrange for travel as required, complete cheque requisitions, informs participants, keeps records for special events as required and requested.
• Perform bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and submitting for payment for Specialized therapies.
• Submit respite payments to finance and ensure respite workers receive payment in a timely manner. Tracking purchases/payments of services for families.
• Maintain and prepare Jordan’s Principle records, files and statistics as required.
• Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems.
• Conduct research as requested.
• Prepare agendas, minutes and other arrangements for Jordan’s Principle meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.
• Assist in the Accreditation process in the provision of documents for persons served.
• Other duties as requested.
• Grade XII or equivalent.
• Successful completion of a recognized administrative program.
• Two consecutive years administrative/office experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs.
• Combination of education and experience as determined by SERDC.
• Knowledge of Federal/Provincial/Local Health Care Systems.
• Knowledge of Federal/Provincial/Local funding models for Education, Health and Social Services.
• Knowledge of the Non Insured Health Funding process(s).
• Excellent written communication skills, understanding and application of MS Office Programs.
• Demonstrate attention to detail and organizational skills, and enjoy working in a team environment.
• Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
• Knowledge of SERDC and its member First Nations, organizations and programs.
• Adhere to SERDC policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate professionalism in all working environments, including social media.
• Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information as part of duties. Discretion and confidentiality is a must.
• Must have an excellent employment record.
• Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Willing and able to travel as required.
Some lifting of office supplies and presentation materials maybe required. This position may also do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and focus for long hours on a computer screen. Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
• A full and unique benefits package.
• An opportunity to become part of a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, inclusive respectful and high performing team.
SERDC recognizes the importance of building on exemplary service delivery organization that is equal, inclusive, reflective of the population that it serves. Preference will be given to qualified SERDC or First Nation members who voluntarily self declare in their application.
This is a full-time position in our Winnipeg office. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for application: Tuesday May 28, 2019 on/or before 4:00pm. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Interested applications are encouraged to send a current cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
6th Floor-360 Broadway
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0T6
Phone: (204) 956-7500
Fax: (204) 956-7382
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: