Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the Recruitment Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the recruitment plan and process of TWCC. The Recruitment Officer will identify personnel requirements, evaluate recruitment standards and best practices, and coordinate job postings, interviews and candidate selections. The Recruitment Officer plays a critical role in ensuring TWCC hires the best possible candidates by developing and executing industry leading recruitment plans and networking through industry contacts, association memberships, and employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Secondary Education in Human Resources and/or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Minimum 5 years of recruitment experience;
- Solid computer skills, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel;
- Experience completing Government of Canada Security Clearances through PWGSC;
- Demonstrated interviewing and training skills;
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees;
- Experience working in a result focused environment;
- Solid conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills;
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Summary of Accountabilities:
- Design, develop and maintain the recruitment plans and processes of TWCC;
- Liaison with management to identify personnel needs across all positions, including the possible creation of new positions;
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, and implementing recruiting and retention programs;
- Project yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control;
- Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional standards and best practices; recommending revision as needed;
- Maintain current knowledge of Pay Equity, human rights, labor legislation changes and employment standards guidelines and laws.
- Assist Marketing in establishing a recognizable "employer of choice" reputation for the company, both internally and externally;
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, and employees;
- Recruit applicants for open positions, making public presentations regarding the organization and job opportunities; attend job fairs, coordinating staff participation.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan;
- Create, update and revise job descriptions;
- Coordinate all internal recruitment processes including job postings, transfers or promotions of selected employees ensuring all applicable standards in hiring are met;
- Coordinate all external recruitment requirements including posting to appropriate sources, professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues;
- Prepare and maintain employment records;
- Conduct Orientations;
- Other duties as required.
*Bonus Structure based on Retention over length of service*
TWCC offers competitive salary packages, an engaging work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, or fax your resume to 204-943-5343, or go to twcc.ca/careers to apply no later than May 31, 2019 at 5 p.m.
We thank all those who apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.