AY2 Administrative Secretary 2
Taxation Administration, Taxation
Advertisement Number: 34978
Salary(s): AY2 $36,067.00 - $40,852.00 per year
Closing Date: May 23, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
The Taxation Division within Manitoba Finance administers taxation legislation through information, compliance, audit and enforcement programs on behalf of the Manitoba government.
This is a Designated Bilingual position. The successful candidate must be able to communicate in both official languages (French and English).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Experience providing superior customer service to the public in person or over the phone in a professional manner
- Experience performing office duties such as processing mail, maintaining filing systems, operating office equipment
- Experience and proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a respectful team environment
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Strong verbal communication skills in French
- Strong written communication skills in French
- Strong verbal communication skills in English
- Strong written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the taxes administered by the Taxation Division
Acting as the first point of contact for the branch, the Receptionist provides front line services to the public over the phone and in person in both official languages (English and French). The incumbent also performs routine office duties, such as responding to inquiries, processing mail, filing, maintaining records.
Advertisement # 34978
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
Please note that additional administrative or clerical positions may be recruited to through the Common Recruitment Initiative: http://www.gov.mb.ca/govjobs/info/programs.html#CRI
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.