Director, Insurance and Risk Management
P10 Professional Officer
Insurance and Risk Management Branch, Comptroller Division
Advertisement Number: 34832
Salary(s): P10 $82,480.00 - $101,998.00 per year
Closing Date: May 23, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Manitoba Finance is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated senior leader to provide direction and leadership as Director of the Insurance and Risk Management Branch.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout Manitoba
- Post secondary education in Actuarial Studies and Research, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Financial Management or other related programs. A combination of related education and experience may be considered
- Progressive senior management experience in insurance and risk management
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of insurance management including purchasing of insurance programs
- Financial management experience with oversight of complex budgeting processes
- Excellent political acumen skills with experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on sensitive issues
- Strong leadership skills to develop and manage a team through effective human resource practices including training and development, performance management, recruitment
- Policy and/or program development experience and related compliance oversight
- Analytical and program solving skills to research, evaluate, and develop strategies to address emerging and complex issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience writing politically sensitive and confidential materials for senior leaders
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Relevant professional designation such as Canadian Risk Management, Member of the Insurance Institute of Canada, or Chartered Insurance Professional
Reporting to the Provincial Comptroller, the Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Insurance and Risk Management Branch. Specific accountabilities include providing insurance and risk management advice to senior government officials; oversight of the government's insurance and self insurance programs and insured claims; and establishment of insurance requirements for government procurement.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 34832
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.