CC5 Clerk of Court 5
Regional Courts, Courts
Advertisement Number: 34895
Salary(s): CC5 $54,318.00 - $65,118.00 per year
Closing Date: March 25, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- An internal security check will be required
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- The ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to travel to other court centers and circuit court locations
- Possess a valid Manitoba Class 5F Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle
- Experience performing administrative or clerical duties in a court or related legal environment
- Experience working with court documents, policies and processes
- Experience interpreting and applying Acts, Statutes, Criminal Code and Rules
- Experience providing leadership in a team-based environment including presenting and acting as positive role model
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills using sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet workload demands or deadlines
- Experience dealing with confidential information and using discretion when handling private and sensitive material
- Ability to resolve conflict using effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication
- Excellent written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Experience supervising or managing staff including coaching, mentoring, training, and performance management
- Experience working with court related data base applications (i.e. CCAIN, QB Registry, CON)
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall administration and supervision of a regional court office, including month end accounting procedures and supervision of staff. The incumbent also holds the designation of a Deputy Registrar and Staff Justice of the Peace. As a Deputy Registrar, the incumbent will review and process documents under the Queen’s Bench Rules, various federal/provincial Statutes/Acts and Regulations, register and issue all court pleadings and processes in all divisions of the Court and enter pertinent information on the Registry system according to a standards manual. As a Staff Justice of the Peace, duties include: receiving information, issuing process and determining issuance of subpoenas, assuring the accuracy and completeness of court issued documents, reviewing and signing court orders for offenders, applicants and respondents, explaining court procedures and preventative justice programs to the public.
Advertisement # 34895
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3L6
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.