Advertisement Number: 34653
Salary(s): MAN $40,049.00 - $47,019.00 per year
Closing Date: March 21, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An Eligibility List will be established that may be used for future positions that become available with the Division.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Manitoba government is seeking highly motivated Maintenance Assistants to work at Winnipeg Remand Centre (141 Kennedy Street) and the Woodsworth Building (405 Broadway) in downtown Winnipeg. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Manitoba Finance provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Security Check.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence and be able to work in other locations within the Division as needed
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including sitting, lifting, reaching, working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work overtime, including evenings and weekends
- Valid 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate recognized by the Manitoba Department of Labour or course certificate in a trade field with experience working in building maintenance.
- Experience in preventative maintenance on various facility systems, equipment, and building operations.
- Experience with HVAC operations and maintenance, life safety systems, and fire systems.
- Knowledge of WHMIS, Workplace Safety and Health Act, and safe work procedures.
- Knowledge of Building Automated Systems, including DDC or related systems.
- Ability to plan and make effective work-related decisions.
- Organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, and the general public.
- Written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience working with SAP or any equivalent database or maintenance tracking software
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager or designate, the Maintenance Assistant performs a variety of tasks relating to the operation and maintenance of these facilities with a requirement to work at other locations within the District. The Maintenance Assistant is primarily responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance duties inside and outside the building, heating and cooling equipments; assisting tradespersons and grounds keeper when required on more complex repairs and/or installations; and performing checks, inspections and preventative maintenance on life safety systems.
Advertisement # 34653
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.