Posted Feb 7, 2019 at 10:00 pm Closes Mar 7, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Our client is looking for a highly competent and committed Human Resource Manager who will be accountable for the provision of strategic and operational human resource leadership and the delivery to the Agency.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Human Resource Manager provides progressive and supportive leadership in all aspects of human resources, including human resource planning and policy development, management and administration, human support, pension and benefits plan administration and reporting.
If you are an individual who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced environment and excited about taking on a great opportunity, we would like to speak with you.
Duties and responsibilities
Ensures all administrative supports are provided to the Agency. Performs recruitment duties, administration, Management/Employee support, discipline etc.
· Develop and support the development of Agency wide job descriptions and postings as required
· Ensure that all job postings are distributed in a manner that will attract candidates that meet the required qualifications
· In conjunction with the Executive Director and members of Executive Management, review Employee Policy Manual to ensure policies are up to date, accurate and complies with relevant legislation
· Ensures that the Human Resource Department complies with and contributes effectively to the overall strategic business plan
· Remain current on all relevant legislation and ensure Agency compliance
· Ensures that the Agency provides a healthy and safe environment for all its employees
· Ensure compliance with any applicable legislation such as the Canada Labour Code and Manitoba Employment Standards.
· Ensure all job descriptions are current and maintained for all new and existing employees
· Draft for managers any employee correspondence, such as letters of offer, termination notices, warnings, etc.
· Participate in candidate screenings, selection and interview process where required
· Coordinate orientation sessions for all new employees, which will include ensuring that all relevant employee information is obtained and secured within an employee- personnel file
· Update and maintain all personnel files and records in a safe and secure location
· Ensure that the strictest of confidentiality is always maintained
· Monitor the timely completion of employee time sheets and leave forms
· Support the completion of employee probationary and annual evaluations
· Conduct investigations; collect and evaluate information; develop recommendations consistent/related to procedures, policies, rules and regulations
· Conduct or assist with any employee disciplinary action as required
· Provides coaching to Supervisors in matters related to personnel, employee disciplinary action, and conflict resolution
· Obtain and liaise with Labour Legal Counsel as required
· Liaise closely with the Director of Finance on all Human Resource matters (any payroll issues, changes in salaries etc.)
· Completion of all administrative tasks required on termination of all former employees
· Coordinate with unit Supervisors any requested/required trainings and register when required
· Deliver regular employee updates to all staff as required
· Work closely with managers to support training plan development and implementation
· Accept employee grievances and develop plans for conflict resolution with the appropriate Supervisor
· Work closely with all management to implement the Employee Assistance Plan when required
· Ensure adherence to Employee Return to Work Plans
· Enrolment and de-enrolment of all staff within Agency Pension and Benefits plan in a timely manner
· Ensure that all employee information is accurately maintained on the Plan
· Liaise when required with the Agency pension and benefits provider to ensure accurate maintenance of all Agency staff within the plan
· Respond and follow up to all employee pension and benefits plan enquiries to ensure that all employees are in receipt of the agreed benefits plan
· Assists in the regular administration of Long-Term Disability and medical leave of absence procedures by collecting and editing employee paperwork, communicating with third party administrator, notifying supervisor of employee status and maintaining appropriate records
· In conjunction with the Executive Director and Director of Finance conduct reviews of the Pension and Benefits plan to ensure optimal plan efficiencies for the Agency
· Ensures that the Agency Employee Management system is current and up to date
· Attend meetings as required (Human Resource Agency relations, Management Meetings etc.)
· Other duties as assigned by Management
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
Job posting will be open until position is filled.
This is a permanent full-time position located in southern Manitoba and is open to all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you are interested, please email your covering letter and resume in complete confidence to Larry Lavallee at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: