As a Terminal Operator at the Ottawa Terminal, you will be performing or coordinating all functions relating to the operations of the site to ensure safety, reliability of equipment and supply / delivery system, security, environmental protection, quality, and business controls, consistent with operational excellence.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operating, maintaining, and repairing site facilities in a safe, efficient, cost-effective and environmentally sound manner
- Developing documented work plans / procedures for maintenance activities
- Issuing work permits and providing oversight of contractor work
- Overseeing and interacting with fuel truck drivers as part of daily terminal operations and ensuring they comply with requirements
- Conducting all business in a professional and ethical manner, communicating in a clear and timely fashion and providing accurate information and records
- Daily site inspections
- Fuels sampling / product quality testing
- On call (evenings / weekend) support as part of a rotating on-call team
- Providing Emergency Response as required
- May be required to travel to other terminal locations upon request
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record are required for this position
- PMH (Petroleum Mechanic Helper) certification through TSSA or interest / ability to complete, eventually achieving PM3 designation
- Knowledge and experience in truck operations, mechanical maintenance and problem solving, energy isolation / lockout - tagout, work permitting and/or customer service are considered assets for the role
- Role is well-suited to candidates with a skilled trade such as millwright, I&E technician or with maintenance experience in the oil & gas sector
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Knowledge and skills with computer applications
- Able to meet the essential physical demands of the position as per job demands analysis
- Is flexible and resides < 45 min drive from work location to be able to respond effectively to pipeline schedule changes or operational issues at the terminal
Start date: May 2019
Location: Ottawa Terminal, ON
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Competitive vacation package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: February 24, 2019