Posted Feb 5, 2019 at 09:00 pm Closes Feb 19, 2019 at 03:00 am
Ndinawemaaganag Endaawaad Inc. (Ndinawe) is an Indigenous, community-based organization which has provided a variety of programs and resources aimed at improving the social, cultural and economic outcomes of young people in our community. Ndinawemaaganag Endaawaad is an Ojibway word which translates to ‘our relative’s home’ which is reflective of the foundation values and philosophy on which we build all our programming.
Ndinawemaaganag Endaawaad Inc. is implementing a new five year project called ‘Building Relationships’ which will develop and deliver an innovative Indigenous designed dating violence prevention curriculum and prevention program for Indigenous youth.
Project Coordinator: The Project Coordinator is responsible to oversee the implementation and delivery of the Building Relationships project; engage and coordinate with the design and implementation team, youth council, Elders and community partners; supervise project staff and ensure all reporting and evaluation requirements are met.
· Diploma/ undergrad degree in the social sciences/social work/child and youth care field.
· Demonstrates strong knowledge and understanding of gender based violence.
· Experience in working with urban Indigenous youth from a trauma informed perspective.
· Understanding of both Traditional and Western approaches to healing.
· A combination of appropriate education, employment experience, demonstrating a strong capacity for project management.
· Administrative, Financial and Human Resource capacities
· Strong knowledge community resources and referral processes.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proficient computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Internet, E-mail.
· Subject to Criminal, Prior Contact, and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
· CPR and First Aid Certification.
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Applicants are required to send a current resume with a cover letter clearly outlining your qualifications to: Cory Gregorashuk, Talent Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 4:00pm Tuesday, February 19, 2019
*Only those selected to an interview will be contacted
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: