Posted Feb 5, 2019 at 08:00 pm Closes Feb 19, 2019 at 08:00 pm
MA MAWI WI CHI ITATA CENTRE, INC.
EXTERNAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY / COMPETITION
Position Title: Yellow Shawl Student Housing Mentor (Male & Female)
Classification: Full-Time-Term - March 31, 2019, with possible extension
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking Student Housing Mentors within our Yellow Shawl program. This program is a partnership between the Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre and Community Education Development Association (CEDA) and will phase in a structured independent living program for up to 14-youth between 16 to 21 years of age that are in need of an innovative youth housing program focused on providing safe and supportive housing with a continuum of structure and supervision ranging from peer support to more direct staffing involvement in daily activities. The Mentor is a mature adult responsible for providing general stability and care within the home, including direct support and intervention with youth as needed. All students housed in these units will be referred by CEDA’s Pathways Program.
Student Housing Mentor (Male and Female units): is a live-in position, paid: $1,500/month, with own room, rent free, but food and personal items are their own responsibility. It is required that mentors are in the home when youth are present (morning, evening/weekends) and are provided with respite one weekend each month. This position does support time to attend school/university or have another part-time job, so long as the functioning of the home for youth is not compromised.
Note: This is a contract position with no employee benefits.
· Experience working with Indigenous youth and their families;
· Establishing trusting relationships with youth to improve their health and well-being;
· Ability to use strength-based and solution-focused and non-judgmental approaches;
· Ability to take initiative and to take direction and work well in a team setting;
· Flexibility to work days, evenings and weekends as may be required;
· Proficient in MS Office applications and basic skills in database, email, and social media;
· Understanding of Indigenous customs, experience, traditions and values is an asset;
· CPR and First Aid valid Certification;
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License and access to a vehicle would be an asset;
· Recent Criminal Record check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact checks required.
All letters of interest and Resume must be received no later than February 13, 2019 @ 4:00pm
Attention: Jacqueline Trout, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi WI Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: