CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Sustainable Development
Central Region , Parks and Regional Services Division
Grand Beach MB
Advertisement Number: 34649
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 - $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: January 21, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience providing clerical and administrative support.
- Experience processing accounts payables.
- Experience maintaining financial reports, ledgers and accounting spreadsheets.
- Experience preparing and entering payroll and timekeeping documentation and maintaining personnel records.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with staff and the public.
- Experience handling and reconciling cash transactions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience handling sensitive materail in a confidential and professional manner.
- Experience using SAP or other equivalent automated payroll/accounting system.
Reporting to the District Park Supervisor, the incumbent provides accounting and administrative support for the District Operations and Park Operations. Duties include processing and tracking accounts payables/receivables for the District Administration, Operations/Support, responsible for the preparation/maintaining and archiving of financial commit/expenditures, District Staff Planner, Monthly and Quarterly Cash flows for all District and District Parks Budgets. The incumbent is responsible for timekeeping and payroll documents for Departmental, Green Team and Civil Service Staff.
Advertisement # 34649
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.