Director, Financial Services
FI7 Financial Officer 7
Department of Sport, Culture and Heritage; Indigenous and Northern Relations
Financial and Administrative Services, Administration and Finance
Advertisement Number: 34535
Salary(s): FI7 $78,395.00 - $105,062.00 per year
Closing Date: January 3, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
The departments of Sport, Culture & Heritage and Indigenous and Northern Relations are looking for dynamic and innovative individuals to fill the roles of Director of Financial and Administrative Service.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Province of Manitoba, with occasional overnight stays
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (such as CA, CGA, CMA, CPA), or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience implementing and overseeing a comptrollership/grant accountability framework or an equivalent framework/internal control process within an organization
- Extensive experience with preparing and analysing annual reports and budgets for a large/complex organization
- Financial forecasting skills, with the abilities to estimate expenditures, and develop various options
- Experience with interpreting, developing and implementing accounting and administrative policies, procedures and directives
- Experience reviewing and preparing approval/authority seeking documents
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, with the ability to anticipate impacts to internal and external stakeholders, the organization and the public
- Exceptional leadership skills to foster innovation, with the ability to influence and motivate for change, and to maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Ability to supervise, and support the effective and efficient performance of staff
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to deliver technical financial information to non-financial individuals, and present complex financial recommendations to senior leaders within a complex organization
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate financial and non financial information in writing to all levels of audiences
The Director of Financial and Administrative Services is accountable for directing, coordinating and supporting the delivery of financial, budgetary and administrative services of the Department and ensures that financial management, reporting and administrative procedures meet or exceed the requirements set out by the Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat as well as comply with Legislative requirements. The position is responsible for implementing and overseeing the Department's comptrollership and grant accountability framework.
The Director is responsible and accountable for the direction of overall management and control of the departmental system of financial administration, and the provision of management services. The position provides financial and policy advice to senior management, challenges Directors/Managers as necessary, and participates in the Department's financial and organizational planning.
Advertisement # 34535
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.