Posted Dec 5, 2018 at 05:00 pm Closes Dec 19, 2018 at 05:00 pm
January 2019 - January 2020
The Research Assistant reports directly to the Research and Development Director, who in turn, reports to the Associate Executive Director.
The Research Assistant position will ensure that all documents are formatted, edited, reviewed, revised, graphically designed and camera ready for publishing or printing for the general public. The Research Assistant will attend all team meetings, working group sessions and other educational gatherings as required, and will provide the administrative and technical follow-up as needed.
· Provides research support to the R & D Team;
· Provides basic graphics design support and accesses additional graphics design support when required;
· Conducts research, formats, and develops documents to ensure they are camera ready for publishing, printing and distribution;
· Edits and proofreads research and development documents;
· Makes arrangements for graphics design, copyright, publication and printing of research and development documents;
· Assembles presentation and resource materials;
· Participates and takes meeting notes at team meetings and working group sessions, as required;
· Assists in the preparation of activity reports, annual reports and other reports as directed/required;
· Distributes materials to First Nations Schools;
· Provides administrative and technical support for educational gatherings, consultation meetings and/or other regional activities;
· Participates in special assignments, initiatives and projects as assigned/required (i.e. First Nations Curriculum Development Framework Initiative, Archives Projects and other related research and development activities;
· Attends meetings regularly as required;
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
· Near completion of a recognized post-secondary degree in applied research methods with some course work in research methods, or equivalent work experience;
· A Diploma in Office/Business Administration with at least three (3) or more years of related work experience;
· Knowledge of a variety of computer programs such as Microsoft Publishing and Adobe Acrobat;
· Proficient with Windows applications such as Word, Corel and PowerPoint;
· Knowledge and experience in research methods;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure;
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines;
· Professional behaviors that personify strong work ethics;
· Ability to work independently and cooperatively in an interdisciplinary team of professionals;
· Ability to speak a First Nations Languages would be an asset;
· Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to work in a First Nations environment;
· Ability to travel to First Nation communities within Manitoba;
· Adhere to MFNERC policies and administrative procedures with specific attention to attendance and professional ethics.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (please state position title applying for), along with (3) professional reference listings (including a most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. Friday, December 18, 2018 to:
Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre Inc.
2-1100 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 3X9
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 204.942.2490
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their resume or cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: