Posted Feb 12, 2024 at 09:15 pm Closes Mar 11, 2024 at 09:15 pm
SCO is a growing and dynamic regional First Nation organization that represents 34 Anishinaabe and Dakota Nations and more than 87,000 citizens in southern Manitoba. Established in 1999 by the Chiefs, SCO is mandated as an independent organization to protect, preserve, promote, and enhance First Nation peoples’ inherent rights, languages, customs, and traditions through the application and implementation of the spirit and intent of the Treaty-making process.
SCO provides competitive compensation and excellent pension and benefits, as well as a positive work environment.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of Health Transformation, the incumbent provides a high level of direct administrative support and office management with the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to situations as they may arise. The incumbent also works closely with, and provides administrative support to, the Board of Directors, often serving as the liaison between the CEO and Board members.
· Provides administrative support to the CEO including organizing and preparing information, maintaining a complex calendar/schedule, drafting correspondence and documents, managing physical and electronic filing systems and a high traffic inbox, and event planning assistance
· Coordinating meetings for the CEO, Senior Management, Board of Directors, Standing Committee and CEO Table
· Preparing and disseminating information prior to all meetings, including agendas, and follow-up on action items following their conclusion
· Records and maintains meeting minutes/motions as required
· Makes travel arrangements for the CEO and Board as required
· Makes lunch arrangements as required
· Screens and responds to emails, phone calls, and mail in a prompt and courteous manner
· Tracks, prepares, and submits CEO and Board expense reports, honorarium requisitions, and purchase orders
· Provides general administrative support to the Board of Directors
· Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Formal Training as an Executive Assistant and/or Administrative Assistant
· Several years’ experience performing high level administrative duties
· Able to work at an advanced level in MS Office including MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and internet browsers
· Able to operate standard business equipment including fax, photocopier, scanner, computers, etc.
· Superior keyboarding skills at 50 wpm with a high degree of accuracy
· Able to write, proofread and edit/format moderately complex correspondence including memos, letters, reports, and briefing notes, etc. using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
· Must have exceptional attention to detail with superior time management skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion when working with highly sensitive material
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain effective and positive working relationships with the organization and with external contacts using professional communication
· Ability to take initiative, be resourceful, solve problems effectively, and maintain flexibility
· Must have a demonstrated understanding of First Nations culture and traditions
· Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
· A valid Class 5 MB Driver’s License with access to a reliable vehicle for business travel
· Available to respond to time sensitive and/or routine inquiries after hours and on weekends as needed
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday, March 8th at 4:30 PM CST
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
202-600 Empress Street
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0L5
Fax: (204) 946-1871 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to qualified First Nations candidates.
Please self-identify as First Nations in your cover letter.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: