Posted Sep 18, 2023 at 06:00 pm Closes Oct 16, 2023 at 06:00 pm
Job Title: Indigenous Engagement and Relations Liaison
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba (National Scope)
We are seeking an Indigenous Engagement and Relations Liaison to lead our efforts in community outreach, partnerships, and development across Canada. Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, this role is pivotal in promoting cultural understanding, fostering connections, and advancing initiatives aligned with Call to Action #92 through an Indigenous lens.
· Indigenous Community and Urban Outreach: Develop and execute comprehensive strategies to engage with Indigenous communities, both traditional and urban, fostering trust, collaboration, and shared growth. Uphold cultural sensitivity while driving meaningful impact.
· Corporate and Stakeholder Relations: Cultivate and nurture relationships with corporate partners, government entities, and stakeholders to create synergies, amplify Indigenous voices, and advocate for the principles of Call to Action #92.
· Partnership Development: Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships that align with Indigenous values and aspirations. Collaborate to create sustainable solutions that positively impact Indigenous communities and advance shared goals.
· Client Relations: Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their needs and delivering tailored solutions while ensuring alignment with Indigenous perspectives.
· Recruitment and Cultural Empowerment: Champion recruitment initiatives that promote diversity, inclusivity, and cultural empowerment. Create an environment that respects and values Indigenous contributions while fostering growth and development.
· Collaboration: Identify opportunities for collaboration that contribute to the development of initiatives and projects that align with Indigenous values and support the well-being of Indigenous communities.
· Doing Things Differently: Contribute creative and innovative concepts and ideas that elevate that are mutually beneficial, authentically resonate with Indigenous audiences, and amplify cultural awareness.
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Indigenous background with a deep understanding of Indigenous history, culture, and the principles of Call to Action #92.
· Proven experience in community outreach, partnership development, and stakeholder engagement within Indigenous contexts.
· Strong communication and relationship-building skills, capable of navigating diverse cultural dynamics.
· Ability to develop and execute strategies that prioritize community well-being, cultural preservation, and shared growth.
· Knowledge of Indigenous issues, challenges, and opportunities, both within Winnipeg and across Canada.
· Exceptional organizational and project management skills, adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
· Willingness to travel nationally and work flexibly as required.
Join our team and play a vital role in fostering collaboration, cultural understanding, and positive impact across Indigenous communities throughout Canada. Apply now to contribute to meaningful initiatives that reflect Indigenous values and aspirations, promoting a brighter future for all.
Please send Cover Letter/Resume to Tamara@amik.ca
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: