Service Manitoba Advisor
AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Bilingual Service Centres, Francophone Affairs Secretariat
Notre Dame de Lourdes MB
Advertisement Number: 41832
Salary(s): AO2 $57,401.00 - $68,787.00 per year
Closing Date: October 15, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
The Bilingual Service Centres (BSC) house staff from various public bodies, different levels of government, and community organizations. As a key representative of the Province of Manitoba, the Service Manitoba Advisor must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with others with tact, a willingness to collaborate, and a solid understanding of the needs of partners and clients.
Please note that this position is located in Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes, which is 120km South-West of Winnipeg.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.Click here to access the application form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work occasionally outside of regular office hours such as evenings and on weekends.
- Must hold a valid Class 5F driver's license with access to a vehicle to perform outreach services
- Must be fluently bilingual in English and French.
- Must be able to provide and maintain a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience providing client services to the public such as responding to inquiries and resolving issues
- Excellent verbal communication skills in French
- Strong written communication skills in French
- Ability to analyze and evaluate services delivered, and to formulate recommendations for improvement based on innovative and creative models.
- Experience giving presentations and facilitating group activities
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Superior planning and organizational skills, with the ability to establish priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively develop and maintain working relationships with a variety of internal(government departments) and external stakeholders (organizations).
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of minority Francophone communities, including knowledge of French language services legislation and an awareness of specific challenges related to accessing government programs and services in French.
The Service Manitoba Advisor provides bilingual services for public bodies in areas that do not require licensing or certification, and provides links to appropriate government staff and resources. The incumbent responds to inquiries in both official languages, offers general assistance to the public, including the completion of forms required for conducting business with government departments. The incumbent undertakes outreach activities, facilitates presentations for community interest groups on specific topics related to the programs and services of the province, conducts mobile service clinics, and assists with program promotion in the community through involvement with community organizations and community leaders.
Advertisement # 41832
Talent Acquisition - Executive Recruitment
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Those who are selected for further consideration will be required to complete exercises in both official languages to assess their verbal and written communication abilities.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Click here to access the application form
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.