Posted Sep 18, 2023 at 09:00 pm Closes Oct 2, 2023 at 09:00 pm
Under the direct supervision of the Natural Resources Manager, the Land Keeper/Askee Okanaweyeechekew is responsible for the planning, and monitoring of activities within the Opaskwayak Cree Nation (OCN) Traditional Territories. Land Keeper/Askee Okanaweyeechekew will ensure and coordinate efforts to conduct research, meetings, reports, investigate and analysis of broad ranges of Natural Resources issues. The central task will be to develop Natural Resource policy or protocol for OCN’s Traditional Territories.
Some Duties Include:
· Work with the Natural Resources Manager to plan and strategize on best practice;
· Prepare and packages and coordinate community meetings regarding OCN’s Traditional Territory (where guidance and decision is required from the community);
· Maintain a liaison with professional consultants in relations to Treaty and Aboriginal rights within OCN’s Traditional Territories;
· Coordinate and monitor proposal-based initiatives relating to OCN Traditional Territories along with reports and financial report to the funders;
· Assist in the establishment of protocol and/or procurement policies for users/applicants wanted access to OCN’s Traditional Territory to adhere too, and will monitor for compliance;
· Will investigate concerns brought forth and look at various solutions and/or recommendations;
· assist in the development and implement with on-going education, awareness, and training initiative within OCN’s Traditional Territories;
· Attending meetings, workshops or training as required;
· Field work is a requirement to provide feedback on issues brought forward.
Applications Must Include:
· A cover letter & resume that clearly indicates how you meet the position requirements.
· Copy of credentials (licenses, training, education)
· Three professional letters of reference – or – contact information for same
Deadline: September 29, 2023 @ 4:00pm
All are welcome to apply. Consideration will be given to people with Aboriginal ancestry that meet qualifications.
How to apply: For more information or to apply, please email, mail or drop cover letter and resume to and marked “Personal and Confidential “in an enclosed envelope to:
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 10880 *Opaskwayak, MB*R0B 2J0
Fax: 204-623-7063* E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: