Posted May 26, 2023 at 04:00 pm Closes Jun 23, 2023 at 04:00 pm
Sagkeeng First Nation
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Sagkeeng First Nation is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to oversee and manage the administrative operations of the community. As the CAO, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Chief and Council in implementing their vision, strategies, and initiatives to enhance the overall well-being and development of Sagkeeng First Nation.
Leadership and Management:
· Provide strong leadership and guidance to the administrative staff, ensuring a cohesive and efficient work environment.
· Collaborate with the Chief and Council to develop strategic plans, policies, and objectives for the community's administration.
· Oversee and monitor the implementation of approved plans and policies, ensuring compliance and effectiveness.
· Develop and manage the annual budget, working closely with the Finance department to ensure fiscal responsibility and transparency.
· Provide financial reports and updates to the Chief and Council, assisting in making informed decisions related to financial matters.
· Oversee financial controls, procurement processes, and grant management to optimize resource allocation.
Human Resources and Personnel Management:
· Oversee the recruitment, selection, and retention of qualified staff members, ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations.
· Develop and implement effective performance management systems, promoting professional growth and development within the organization.
· Foster a positive work culture that values diversity, inclusivity, and teamwork.
Community Relations and Stakeholder Engagement:
· Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including community members, government agencies, and organizations.
· Act as a liaison between the Chief and Council, community members, and various external entities, representing the interests of Sagkeeng First Nation.
· Promote effective communication and engagement strategies to enhance community involvement and participation in decision-making processes.
Governance and Policy Development:
· Provide advice and support to the Chief and Council on governance matters, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
· Review and recommend updates to existing policies and procedures, ensuring they align with the needs and priorities of Sagkeeng First Nation.
· Monitor and assess the impact of policy changes, identifying areas for improvement and implementing appropriate measures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field (equivalent experience will be considered).
· Proven experience in a senior management role, preferably within a First Nations or Indigenous organization.
· Strong financial management skills, including budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
· Sound knowledge of governance principles, Indigenous rights, and relevant legislation.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities, including team management, conflict resolution, and decision-making.
· Proficiency in computer applications and technology relevant to administrative functions.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however,
only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits:
Log in or Create an Account to apply.