Mobile Security Officer
HC2 Clerk 2 (Classification Under Review)
Security Branch, Manitoba Housing
Advertisement Number: 41185
Salary(s): HC2 $18.32 - $21.64 per hour
Closing Date: June 4, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Applicants are required to provide a photocopy of their security guard license and class 5F driver's license with their application to proceed with the screening stage of the selection process
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form with your cover letter and resume. See below for further instructions.Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Current and valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Valid Manitoba Security Guard licence under the Private Investigators and Security Guards Act (photocopy required)
- Valid Manitoba Class 5F Drivers licence (photocopy required)
- Ability to travel and work 12 Hour Shifts days, nights 7/24 including shift premiums
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties associated with the position
- Significant mobile security officer or security guard experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Bylaws and Acts - specifically Section 494 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills including problem solving, negotiation, and de-escalation of violent or potentially violent situations.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust and maintain strong networks of internal and external partners and stakeholders with political acumen.
- Proficient with radio communications, mobile phones, and Micrsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams).
- Demonstrated good judgement in challenging physical and emotional circumstances.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills writing comprehensive incident reports.
- Experience conducting visual inspections of building operating systems such as Fire Life Safety, lighting, water lines.
The Mobile Security Officer is the first responders to various issues within Manitoba Housing owned properties and is required to act independently in relation to his/her delegated authority, often under considerable pressures, and must be sensitive to political and public oversight. Responsible to perform vehicle and foot patrols of Manitoba Housing properties. Identifies risks and fully document matters of concern. Engages in problem solving throughout their shifts: deescalates agitated and sometimes volatile matters; assesses the safety of a situations; investigates complaints (security and maintenance), refers and escalates criminal matters to police services or internal Security Investigators.
Advertisement # 41185
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.