Probation Unit Clerk
Probation Services and Restorative Justice, Correctional Services
Advertisement Number: 40922
Salary(s): CL3 $43,557.00 - $49,968.00 per year
Closing Date: June 5, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future full-time, part-time, term, acting or regular appointments subject to staffing approval.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
The Correctional Services Division of Manitoba Justice is seeking a qualified individual to fill a Clerk position located in Dauphin, Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Check (with Vulnerable Sector Search)
- Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- A valid Class 5F Manitoba driver's licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Experience performing a full range of administrative or clerical duties, including preparing correspondence, data entry, reception services, creating and maintaining electronic filing systems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written communication skills, with ability to pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy of work
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with the public, clients and government agencies
- Experience with court related systems such as COMS and CCAIN
Under the direct supervision of the Area Director, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining the daily administrative duties within the Dauphin Probation Unit Office. Duties include electronic file management, assignment of probation files, processing court documents, storage and archiving files, preparing court breaches and pre-sentence report packages. In addition, this position provides support to Westman region as well as the Restorative Justice Branch for this regional area. Based on these duties, the incumbent is responsible for handling many tasks simultaneously and accurately while prioritizing. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is a necessary component for this position. The incumbent is required to work closely with the Probation Officers to ensure all aspects of the job are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Advertisement # 40922
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3L6
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.