Posted May 25, 2023 at 03:15 pm Closes Jun 8, 2023 at 03:15 pm
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
Communications Officer – Health Transformation
Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications Officer will be responsible for supporting the execution of the communication needs and initiatives of the Southern Chiefs’ Organization (SCO).
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing, editing, proofreading, and creating content for use in internal or external communications. The Communications Officer will work collaboratively to coordinate communications materials for the public, media, and organization’s members. The applicant should have a strong interest in writing, storytelling, and an excellent ability to articulate information. The successful applicant must operate with a high level of tact, confidentiality, diplomacy, and integrity.
SCO provides competitive compensation and an excellent pension and benefits, as well as a positive work environment.
· Assists with developing and executing a variety of communication tasks for SCO with a focus on Health Transformation.
· Writes, edits, and proofreads content.
· Creates and distributes media materials.
· Supports SCO with member relations and communications.
· Organizes and assists with events.
· Coordinates and administers media relations and publicity.
· Oversees general communication to membership.
· Leads communications activities and promotes awareness of external communications activities with departments.
· May be required to develop visual content, such as photographs, videos, illustrations, and graphics.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Post-secondary degree or diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· At least three years of related work experience.
· Self-starter with demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Able to be discreet when dealing with confidential or sensitive information.
· Able to handle the pressure of working in a fast-paced organization and under time-sensitive situations.
· Experiencing working in supporting areas such as health promotion, service delivery, etc. and working with First Nation community members and leadership.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Excellent computer knowledge and typing skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
· Flexible in terms of work schedule and able to travel as necessary.
· Ability to work within a team.
· Knowledge of Adobe software, such as Photoshop, Canva, and video and audio editing software is an asset.
· Knowledge of Dakota and/or Anishinaabe ancestral and traditional knowledge is an asset.
· The ability to write or speak Dakota or Anishinaabemowin language is an asset.
· Experience working with media is an asset.
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
· Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle for business travel.
· All successful candidates must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
· If the candidate is a member of a registered profession, candidate must be a member in good standing of their regulatory body.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: Friday, June 09, 2023, at 4:30 PM CST.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three work related references to:
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
1572 Dublin Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0L4
Fax: (204) 946-1869 | email@example.com
*Please note resumes without a cover letter will not be considered complete*
Preference will be given to qualified First Nation candidates
Please self-identify as First Nations in your cover letter
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits:
Log in or Create an Account to apply.