Posted May 25, 2023 at 02:00 pm Closes Jun 8, 2023 at 02:00 pm
Peguis Child and Family Services Inc.
|Child and Family Service Worker|
Based on Experience
Child and Family Services
|Winnipeg or Peguis|
|Date Posted:||May 25, 2023|
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter along with all checks (stipulated below) to:
FAX: (204) 632-7226 PHONE: (204) 632-5404
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory criminal record, child abuse check, adult abuse check and prior contact check. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent.
Peguis Child and Family Services Inc., is mandated to provide programs and services to Peguis First Nation Members that protect children, promote family wellness, and strengthen the community.
Our mission is to provide child protection and family services to Peguis First Nation Membership that may request services.
· Providing mandated child protection and family services.
· Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Information System and Intake Module (CFSIS/IM). Case management according to standards.
· Court Preparation.
· Ensure culturally appropriate services.
· Ability to handle crisis situations in an appropriate manner.
· Positive relationship building with clients and collaterals.
· Knowledge of Peguis First Nation’s Legislation “Honouring Our Children, Families and Nation Act”
· Exceptional organizing and time-management skills.
· Demonstrate organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional crisis intervention and risk assessment skills.
· Knowledge of collateral services / community resources and how to access are required.
· Proficiency in computers – specifically Microsoft Office; knowledge of the Child and Family Services Information System (CFSIS)
· Maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
· Self-motivated and dedicated team player.
· EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of two years’ experience in the field of Child and Family Services or equivalent social services field.
· Bachelor of Social Work Degree; alternatively a Post-secondary degree in a related field with at least 2 years direct CFS experience may be considered.
· Registration (RSW) with the Manitoba College of Social Workers is an asset.
· System (CFSIS), and the Intake Module (IM) System is an asset.
· Valid class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle are required.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits:
Log in or Create an Account to apply.