Child and Family Services Worker
SP4 Social Services Worker 4
Winnipeg Child and Family Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 40755
Salary(s): SP4 $59,198.00 - $82,121.00 per year
Closing Date: March 26, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Winnipeg Child and Family Services (WCFS) provides a comprehensive continuum of child protection and family support services in Winnipeg in accordance with The Child and Family Services Act and The Adoption Act. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for various opportunities for a Child and Family Services Worker (case manager). Winnipeg Child and Family Services partners with community resources to provide supportive and preventative services to families; provides protection services to children at risk of abuse and neglect; develops and provides basic and specialized placement services to meet the needs of children in care; provides preservation and reunification services to families; and provides adoptive and post-adoptive services along with guardianship responsibilities to children, youth and families when reunification is no longer an option. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (with vulnerable sector check)
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Prior Contact Check
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Class 5F Driver's license, and access to a vehicle with the ability to travel throughout Winnipeg
- Post secondary degree in social sciences (Bachelor of Social Work Degree preferred). Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Case management experience with an emphasis on working with children and families. Including assessment, service planning, evaluation, transfer and/or closure.
- Experience working in a child and family services agency or social services agency.
- Excellent assessment skills with the ability to assess children at risk of abuse and neglect.
- Excellent crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with children, youth, families and service providers.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Teams).
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
Reporting to the Unit Supervisor, the Child and Family Services Worker (case manager) is responsible for the full range of statutory child welfare services to families and children. The position establishes and maintains effective working relationships with individuals and families, and service providers often under difficult circumstances. This position requires effective case management skills while incorporating sound clinical skills. A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 40755
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Click here to access the application form.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.