DISTRICT SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely two days per week), depending on nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking experienced, District Support Representatives to fill three permanent, full-time positions in Administrative Support Services to provide a wide range of operational administrative support related to planning, dispatching, and customer service activities.
- Answer internal and external Customers' inquiries on Natural Gas & Electric matters relative to customer accounts or other services we supply, within the scope of reference manuals, guidelines and policies, in a prompt, courteous and effective manner.
- Use MWM to schedule orders as required.
- Receive and analyze data on the Banner system for billing and collection purposes ensuring all available required information is recorded accurately.
- May be required to accurately prepare documents related to the assigned area using the SAP system, e.g.: shipping and receiving of material and work orders, purchase orders, goods receipts, and service entries.
- May be required to issue electrical permits.
- Prepare timecards, absence reports, expense accounts and handle other payroll functions.
- Update work registries in excel spreadsheets in relation to work order information.
- Reconcile VISA statements
- Receive, sort, distribute and file all routine daily correspondence and other descriptive data, and reroute misdirected correspondence to appropriate staff or departments. Also receive and relay messages or redirect calls to others as required.
- Type correspondence and handle confidential information with security.
- May be required to train and direct junior personnel.
- May be required to work on the non-working Hydro Mondays to maintain inquiry service or to report to other Suburban Winnipeg CSCs as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 education with a keyboarding ability of 40 wpm and two years related experience with a minimum of one year working on the Banner system.
- Demonstrated ability to operate personal computers in referencing required data with minimal delay or inconvenience.
- This includes the ability to use Banner, EGIS, OMS, CSI, CIS interface, SAP, Outlook, Fleet and relevant software packages; Word, Excel, Documentum.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Banner system.
- An understanding of the Mobile Workforce Management
- Working knowledge of various related programs: meter reading, self-read, estimated, bimonthly billing, seasonal billing, Equal Payment Plan, late payment charge, Pre-Authorized Payment Plan, terms of payment and credit procedures.
- Familiar and able to operate office equipment, including photocopiers, fax machines, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative & multi-tasking abilities with a good sense of judgment, and willingness to assume responsibility.
- Must be familiar with Union Agreements and Corporation policies as they relate to a Customer Service Centre Operating environment.
- Effectively communicates information to others, written and oral.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $23.98-$31.40 Hourly, $45,942.26- $60,161.40 Annually.
Note: This employment opportunity is advertised on Manitoba Hydro's career website, and all candidates wishing to apply must do so using our online application system. Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is April 4, 2023.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.