CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Families; Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade
The Pas MB, Thompson MB, Selkirk MB, Swan River MB
Advertisement Number: 40707
Salary(s): CL3 $43,557.00 - $49,968.00 per year
Closing Date: April 11, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar term, regular, full-time and part-time positions in Selkirk, The Pas, Swan River and Thompson and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Department of Families, Regional Social Services - Northern Region, Community Service Delivery is looking to fill regular CL3 positions in Selkirk, The Pas and Swan River (1 position per location).
The Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade in the Western & Northern Manitoba Service Area, Workforce Training & Employment is looking to fill one regular position in Thompson.
Detailed position descriptions are available from the Department of Families and the Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade.
Reporting to the Finance and Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for the processing of financial and administrative documents pertaining to various programs within the designated geographic area. The successful candidate requires effective computer skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, families, services providers and agencies. The candidate will need to understand and follow the policies and procedures of the Government of Manitoba to ensure fiscal and administrative responsibility within the programs and operations of the office. The successful candidate will perform clerical and administrative support work in any of the following locations: Selkirk, The Pas, Swan River or Thompson.
To be considered for this competition you MUST submit a resume and a cover letter.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Ability to travel within the Northern Regional Offices
- Experience performing clerical/administrative functions including accounts payable, data entry, word-processing, reception duties and the tracking and distribution of files
- Experience with Accounts Payable
- Effective organizational and time management skills, including the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy when drafting, formatting, entering, editing and proofing
- Experience with applying policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion
- Customer service experience addressing issues and requests from a variety of stakeholders and the public
- Ability to problem-solve a variety of situations where discretion and independent judgement is necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with departmental staff, external agencies, other professionals, and the general public
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook and Excel).
Department of Families:
Working as part of a team, provides administrative and clerical support to the operations of Rural and Northern Regional Social Services. Duties include accounts payable, compiling and reconciling financial reports and statistical information, switchboard and reception, and records management including maintaining and archiving files.Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade:
The Program Support Clerk provides customer service to diverse clientele and performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties including performing financial management, timekeeping, purchasing inventory of office supplies, maintaining equipment and service contracts, maintaining client (individual, employer, or organization) documentation and case management, maintaining contracts and generating reports, providing general office support and archiving.
- A career in a helping and caring profession with the ability to make a profound and lasting impact in the lives of people.
- A positive work environment where you can build successful and long-lasting professional relationships with co-workers who will share their knowledge and expertise with you.
- Every day is different with a variety in tasks and challenges.
- Training from orientation to on-going professional development that will give you the tools you need to be successful.
- The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes extended healthcare, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan.
- Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Advertisement # 40707
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.