All Sagkeeng CFS workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to the 7 Teachings: Respect, Love, Wisdom, Bravery, Truth, Honesty, and Humility. Sagkeeng CFS is committed to providing employment and professional development to Indigenous People.
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services (SCFS) is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. We are currently recruiting for permanent fulltime Direct Service Workers for our Community Office.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Areas of specialty:
To work jointly with the family in providing all necessary services that will reunify and/or preserve the family unit including lowering risk to children and families by linking those families to the resources to enhance the skill and ability of all family members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work with one (1) year direct social services experience preferred; OR
- Post-secondary degree (Counselling, Psychotherapy, Psychology or a related field) with two (2) years social services experience; OR
- Minimum high school diploma with minimum of three (3) years of working experience in social Services
- Must have working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations.
- Experience in case management and planning, particularly with children and families in child welfare preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle with $2,000,000.00 liability
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset
Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Deliver child and family services in accordance with Provincial and Community standards
- Manage a file caseload ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act, as well as attend to the specific needs of each case as required
- Provide recommendations, plans and actions as required for the ongoing care and development of the children under their direct responsibility.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
Resumes can be sent to: Human Resources
Mail: 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0
Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 949-1649
Deadline: Untill filled