All Sagkeeng CFS workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to the 7 Indigenous Teachings: Respect, Love, Wisdom, Bravery, Truth, Honesty, and Humility.Sagkeeng CFS is committed to providing employment and professional development to Indigenous People.
- An administrative diploma from a recognized community college or a degree from a recognized university. Combination of child welfare experience and education may also be considered
- 1 year demonstrated direct administrative experience.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and fully insured vehicle with $1,000,000.00 liability insurance
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Ensure administrative activities are up to date, and accurate manner
- Actively participates in the department’s strategic planning sessions.
- Works cooperatively with all team members to support the achievement of work plan activities designed to achieve identified goals and objectives.
- Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment to complete department tasks.
- Performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings for the Management or staff
- Coordinates and organizes department meetings and conferences including meeting rooms, sets up the room with audio-visual equipment and flip charts and tends to other requirements of department meetings
- Completes internal and external correspondence, legal documents, form letters and other documents, and distributes them as directed; Coordinates any required repairs to office equipment.
- Develops, implements and maintains agency procedures within the department.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
Resumes can be sent to: Human Resources
Mail: 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0
Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 949-1649
Deadline: Untill filled