PROCUREMENT TEAM LEAD
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely two days per week), depending on nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking a highly motivated Procurement Team Lead for an approximately 18-month term. Under the general direction of a Procurement Supervisor, the Procurement Team Lead will be responsible for the overall operational performance of a procurement team ensuring the timely and efficient strategic procurement of goods and/or services within the procurement team. The Procurement Team Lead will also be responsible for procurement of higher value, complexity, and risk. The applicant shall exhibit professionalism, expertise, leadership, and meaningful insight, ensuring the best overall value for the Corporation in accordance with corporate policies and best practices.
- Responsible to provide leadership, coordination, coaching, mentoring, training and development opportunities within a buying team ensuring the effective and strategic procurement of a variety of goods and/or services.
- Develop sourcing and evaluation strategies and assess/mitigate risk for more complex work packages that best meets the internal business partners.
- Ability to conduct market assessments through research, preparation of reports, and spreadsheets and provide overall analysis.
- Develop and issue tender documents (including but not limited to Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Pre-Qualifications (RFPQ)).
- Assist in the review of all tender documents within the procurement team.
- Oversee and participate in the evaluation of tenders with internal business partners.
- Participate with internal business partners and at times lead in contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Prepare, issue and award contracts with suppliers.
- Provide support to internal business partners with contract management activities when required.
- Participate in supplier relationship management activities and update performance files as required.
- Provide on-going communication with various departments, informally or formally, verbally or in writing, to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Utilize corporate applications and maintain files, records and databases associated with departmental functions.
- Assist and provide input in coordination of annual performance appraisals, to the Procurement Supervisor.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree or relevant four year degree from an institute of recognized standing with a major in supply chain plus three years' experience in the purchasing function.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management from an institute of recognized standing plus technical courses in procurement plus a minimum of five years directly related experience.
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation plus a minimum of three years directly related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in organizing the work environment and work loads of a procurement team (2 to 4 people) which includes training and supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous work assignments in a high demanding and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated degree of diplomacy and tact with proven capability to effectively communicate and negotiate.
- Ability to compile and analyze complex information and implement recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and SAP.
- Thorough understanding of public procurement and Trade Agreements.
- Complete understanding of Corporate Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Advanced understanding of government legislation including but not limited to Workers’ Compensation Act, Workplace Safety and Health Act, Builders’ Liens Act and Federal and Provincial sales taxes.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $36.46-$50.47 Hourly, $69,870.06-$96,716.62 Annually.
Note: This employment opportunity is advertised on Manitoba Hydro's career website, and all candidates wishing to apply must do so using our online application system. Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is NOVEMBER 30, 2022.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.