TRAINING, QUALITY & KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT LEAD
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule, depending on nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking an experienced Training, Quality & Knowledge Management Lead, who, under the general direction of the Manager, Operational Excellence, will be responsible for establishing a structured approach to Training, Quality Management and Knowledge Management across the Customer Care division and will continuously evaluate divisional Learning & Development needs and oversee the planning, design, and delivery of onboarding, training, and coaching programs within Customer Care. This role is also responsible for defining the content/knowledge management strategy, focusing on developing, auditing, and maintaining a high-quality knowledge repository base within Customer Care, while maintaining the quality of customer services against defined standards, monitoring how regularly these standards are met, and ensuring they comply with relevant federal or provincial legislation.
This role reports directly to the Manager, Operational Excellence and involves working across departments to identify and implement opportunities to improve Customer and operational outcomes through adjustments to Training, Quality and/or Knowledge Management approaches.
- Collaborate with Learning & Development to design and deliver onboarding and ongoing training programs (curriculum spanning Corporate and Industry-related training, Process and Technical training, as well as ongoing professional development for team members).
- Work with department managers to design and develop coaching programs for each department (including upskilling Supervisors on Coaching approaches).
- Ensure that training and onboarding materials are targeted, delivered in a timely manner and effective (using assessment tools to capture timely feedback).
- Maintain oversight of Customer Care procedures and practices to ensure they comply with local, provincial, federal and where applicable, union regulations.
- Collaborate with the Customer Care Director & department managers to report on and discuss quality control issues.
- Work alongside the Quality Management Specialist to ensure that feedback from employees & customers is gathered and incorporated into continuous improvement of materials and processes.
- Maintain oversight of and promote collaboration and knowledge sharing through defining, supporting and encouraging the use of the knowledge repository to employees of all skill levels, roles, and queues.
- Assist department managers & supervisors in capturing new knowledge through a knowledge repository by providing relevant coaching, training and support to champion a knowledge management culture.
- Work alongside the Knowledge Management specialist to monitor progress by leveraging analytics to assess the impact, engagement, functionality and effectiveness of the knowledge management strategy.
- A four year Degree in a related discipline, plus a minimum of five years of directly related experience in training and development needs analysis, design, implementation and evaluation;
- A two year Business Administration Diploma in a related discipline, plus a minimum of seven years of directly related experience in training and development needs analysis, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Must be willing to complete a Certificate in Adult Education learning.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate online and in-person training sessions with a variety of audiences.
- Highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully; while adapting to changing, diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated application of corporate policies, procedures, and collective agreements.
- Demonstrated facilitation and coaching skills.
- Must possess a valid Province of Manitoba Driver's Licence with appropriate class.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $40.04-$55.25 Hourly, $76,728.86-$105,875.12 Annually.
Note: This employment opportunity is advertised on Manitoba Hydro's career website, and all candidates wishing to apply must do so using our online application system. Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is OCTOBER 4, 2022.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.