Posted Sep 22, 2022 at 05:00 pm Closes Oct 6, 2022 at 05:00 pm
Instructional Resource Centre/Library Facilitator
The Instructional Resource Centre (IRC)/Library Facilitator works under the supervisory function of the Languages and Cultures Coordination Team.
The IRC/Library Facilitator is responsible for maintaining the MFNERC’s Instructional Resource Centres, providing library training to school librarians/library assistants at First Nations, conducting professional development workshops for teachers. A demonstrated respect for First Nations knowledge, languages and cultures; and fluency in a First Nations Language is desirable for this position.
· Maintains the specialized functions of the resource libraries, which include acquisitions, cataloguing, physical processing, circulations, automated interlibrary loan systems, references, library orientation and instruction, bibliographies and collection material;
· Disseminates bibliography listing of all reference and resource materials, including video, audio and CD-ROM through the IRC to First Nations schools;
· Establishes contacts with publishers, commercial outlets, and existing libraries who services may be utilized to complement the MFNERC Resource Libraries;
· Conducts library inventories to support instructional resources development;
· Establishes priorities for disseminating reference and resource materials with IRC staff, MFNERC specialist/staff and for First Nations Schools;
· Conducts research on request for resource and reference materials on specific subject areas;
· Ensures the maintenance of all library systems;
· Assists in the development of proposals for First Nations schools for the piloting of computerized library databases and the maintenance of such systems;
· Delivers presentations as required;
· Prepares and submits monthly, quarterly activity reports and budgets, including preparation of an annual report and work plan for the next school year;
· Provides direct service to the schools, upon request, for resource recommendations, listing or on-hand buying;
· Provides necessary training to school library staff with the library programs;
· Has direct contact with CASPR as a school contact;
· Upon request, assist with library weeding and provide recommendations for new materials;
· Maintains and operates equipment as necessary;
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of at least three years’ experience working in a library setting;
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching early, middle and/or senior years;
· Completion of a Degree or Diploma in Library Sciences would be an asset;
· Extensive knowledge in computer software, visual and audio equipment;
· Experience in developing and administering new programs;
· Knowledge in Manitoba First Nations education and development and reforms and socio-economic conditions of First Nations communities;
· Experience working with First Nations in the field of education;
· Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to work in a First Nations environment;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in technical and plain language;
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals;
· Flexible to travel to designated areas within the province;
· Ability to manage resources;
· Criminal and child abuse record check clearance.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (please state position title applying for), along with (3) professional reference listings (including a most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 4, 2022:
Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre Inc.
2-1100 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 3X9
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 204.942.2490
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MFNERC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees. Successful candidates will be required to show proof of the vaccination. Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants; applicants are asked to self-declare in their resume or cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
Please visit our website at www.mfnerc.com
Posted: September 20, 2022
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: