Posted Sep 22, 2022 at 03:45 pm Closes Oct 6, 2022 at 03:45 pm
TITLE: Foster Care Worker- Winnipeg Office
The Foster care worker reports to the NCN CFS Supervisor and combines case management responsibilities for agency-licensed Foster homes and coordination of Foster Care Placements. The incumbent will develop a strong working relationship with collateral placement resources internally and externally. In addition, the successful applicant will assist in developing additional needed resources.
· Must be knowledgeable in the Child & Family Services Act and Foster care standards.
· Recruit, train, license and support foster families.
· Provide educational needs to foster homes through workshops, seminars and various resources.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines
· Must be able to handle complex and sensitive situations, using sound, independent judgment within specific guidelines and regulations
· Ability to develop a rapport with collateral groups to convey information & communicating client needs effectively to supervisor, foster parents & co-workers
· Maintain an up-to-date record of licensing and renewals of foster homes and places of Safety.
· Assist in securing placements
· Follows and adheres to CFS standards and regulations with respect to foster care
· Recruit, assess, and license all foster homes and places of safety.
· Follows and adheres to CFSIS standards and regulations.
· Bachelor of Social Work or related field and 3 years experience in a child welfare field with two years experience in Foster Care and Adoption.
· Must have a high level of integrity and professional initiative
· Knowledgeable in CFS and CFSIS Standards
· Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and oral.
· Ability to speak an Aboriginal language would be an asset
· Valid Manitoba Driver’s license
· A criminal record check & child abuse registry check is a requirements for all employees.
Closing date: October 6, 2022 4:00 p.m.
Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0
Phone: 204-484-2341 Fax: 204-484-2351
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: